The Jackson County Ag Society is seeking an energetic and positive individual who would like to learn all aspects of running our county fair this summer. As the fair intern, you will be cross-trained by board members and learn the “behind the scenes” of running a fair. This is an educational opportunity and “hands-on” position; from learning about Martech’s Blue Ribbon Fair computer software and our premium book, working with exhibitors, fair volunteers and staff, setting up advertising, working with the grounds crew, pre-fair set up and post-fair taken down, and do fair end reports and print premium checks. Other activities may include assisting with special fair-related projects. You will also be invited to attend Fair Board meetings.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be available on a flexible schedule from June 24th through mid-August of this fair year. You MUST be available the entire week of and after the Jackson County Fair. Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle. (Applicants who plan on exhibiting at our fair this year will not be able to do both, this internship and exhibit, as you will be kept very busy during the fair.) Applicants interested should complete this application, sign it, and email all pages to Jackson.firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2021. No late applications will be accepted. References and Fair Experience are a plus! Personal interviews may be set up after the closing of the applications. If you have any questions, please email them to us at the above address or contact a fair board member.
Successful candidate will:
- Be great at customer service, ability to deal with different personalities, and be able to handle stressful situations.
- Be organized, diligent, prompt, confident, and responsive.
- Be proficient in computer skills and basic office programs.
- Enter all fair entries into Blue Ribbon, answer telephones and fair related questions.
- Work with fair volunteers, staff, and the Fair Board
- Experience in graphic design and social media is a plus.
- Be provided a camping site if selected applicant has a camper.